Re: What we need in a next-gen social network

On 25 November 2013 20:40, Mark Janssen <dreamingforward@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Addressing a few of the ideas.  "Self determined data storage" -- this
> seems
> > to be a place things are not done well.
>
> Diaspora*?

I hope to work with diaspora to make this more possible.  I dont think the
complete freedom of choice is there *yet* ...

> >  Most social nets claim that you
> > 'own your own data' but in reality you must store it in the place (or
> one of
> > the places) that they demand.  A truly federated social web would let
> users
> > store data where *they* choose.  To date we have almost not a single
> > solution to this.
>
> Are you willing to help make it happen?  Because the solutions have
> been in waiting.

Sure!  I'd be happy to look at any systems out there, especially if they
offer genuine choice of storage that its determined by the user, rather
than, the developer ...