Re: Federation protocols

Hi Mike,

Dnia piątek, 31 maja 2013 o 02:31:14 Mike Macgirvin napisał(a):
> Hi Michael - A few years ago there was an attempt to rally people around
> the OStatus stack as a unifying protocol for the federated social web.
> It had some quite severe limitations where it came to privacy. Both
> Friendica and Diaspora emerged around the same time to try and capture a
> wave of discontent over a well-known large centralised provider. Since
> people were crying for privacy at the time, both projects came up with
> independent communication stacks to implement this privacy.
> (...)

Thank you so much for this well-put and complete summary of the situation,
this is a birds-eye view that I was sorely lacking. I will try to address
specific points tomorrow (it's 3AM here), but for the time being I have two
questions:
 1. do we have Diaspora people here on this list?
 2. can I forward your summary to other lists?

There are discussions going on about it in several places right now and
forwarding your summary could be very helpful, and especially if the Diaspora
folks are not here.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania