Re: Proposal to develop best practice document to focus work of W3C FSW Community Group

On 8 May 2013 08:23, Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuckartz@ping.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> to focus the work of the W3C Federated Social Web Community Group I
> propose that we develop a document informing readers about best
> practices to build the Federated Social Web.
>
> The target audience would be people who are interested in creating
> Social Media platforms which are not silos but who do not know what can
> be done and who perhaps do not know what the term Federated Social Web
> means.
>
> The document would likely contain recommendations regarding a small
> number of standards. And the document also might suggest software
> libraries implementing those standards which are available under a
> liberal license.
>
> We can use an approach similar to the 5-star deployment scheme suggested
> by Tim Berners-Lee for Linked Open Data
> (http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html).
>
> What do others think?

+1

You may also want to look at:
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/CloudStorage.html

> Who is volunteering to participate in developing the document?

I would be interested in helping in this initiative.

The last one we wrote, (which gave rise to this group) was in 2010 is now a
bit outdated:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/XGR-socialweb-20101206/