Re: Going forward

Dnia piątek, 14 czerwca 2013 o 20:31:38 Darrell Prince` napisał(a):
> Two sections to this, one is more functional and the second is more my take
> on some of these things.
>
> 1.
>
> I am enjoying the conversation on here very much, and appreciate the chance
> to learn from people who think about this and know a lot about it. Most of
> you are deeper tech than me, being at this point a gifted business side
> analyst and marketing guy.
>
> I think we need to focus on a set of documents and steps.
>
> A competitive analysis of several of the top current sites, and probably
> some of the lesser known ones
>
> What slots, or functionalities are needed to be represented.
>
> A set of must haves, and nice to haves.
>
> Comments and finally voting on each.

That seems reasonable, as long as everybody agrees to follow this process and
heed the resulting decisions.

Which I am afraid would not happen.

> -----------------------
>
> I have thought about this a lot though, how to conquer facebook, and to
> develop a next generational web.

Brace yourself for "we don't want to conquer facebook" in 3... 2... 1...

> To be honest with you I feel I have a
> rubric for a multitouch marketing campaign to over come network effects, by
> a concentrated attack with flash and substance, leading back. The campaign
> itself, will provide a vigorous use case for improving the system itself.

Sounds... marketing-y. ;)

> The reason I am interested in this is less the idea of being on the next
> social media than two things, one, control of my individual data, and 2.
> free access to aggregate data. I know this might be a sticking point, but I
> think there is a real chance to produce the kinds of insights about
> humanity as whole that we have never seen before. Not only social; so we
> can see how hypocritical some social norms are, but also medical- the cures
> of many diseases lies behind a centralized medical record system, which
> could be part of a singular id. I think if geographical records of access
> is kept, we can make such as system secure.

Interesting. Although indeed it is very sticky.

>  I worry less about the ability of a just government to find out what
> happened, but if there is aggregate data out there about me I want to know
> about it.  If this just government accesses my records, I want to know
> about it.

You might be interested in abc4trust, then:
https://abc4trust.eu/index.php/home/fact-sheet

> The opportunity is there, right now, people are awake, and upset about
> privacy concerns, the whole country left and right, and Facebooks
> popularity has been falling off anyway.

+over9000

Thing is, we do not have a single, practical offer. We have competing social
networks with few users and a lot of internal bickering, from what I can see.

> I also think any system of data storage should be kept by a simple
> contextual measures origin, time and space, for people, places, things, and
> organizations.
>
> Thanks for listening, and appreciate any questions.. as this is shorter
> than I want it to be, as I am time constrainted.

Go for it and write a blogpost about it somewhere, and document your idea in
more detail. That would be my suggestion, if I might offer one.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania