Re: Finding user profiles on a Social Net

I agree with Owen,

 Although I've managed my own DNS servers many times in the past, I now
offload that service to my domain registrar for a number of reason,
convenience and uptime being the primary.

 Most registrars do not have programmable APIs to automatically update DNS
records (unless you pay big money for the professional DNS service
providers).

 This means that, in order for most people to play ball, they will have to
go use their providers web-interface to update their DNS records everytime
they want to make a change for lookup.

Setting aside the DNS learning curve for newcomers, out of sheer
inconvenience this not a process I'd voluntarily sign up for :)

-Nick