Re: FSW CG now has 100 members

Thanks everyone~ It's great to find a specialized group on federated
social web!

I'm a PhD student at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, specialized in
Decentralized Social Networks.

I started an open source project last year,

https://github.com/hupili/snsapi

The main purpose of SNSApi is to unify the interfaces and data
structures of different social networking services (**from the user's
point of view**). I started it with several mainland China OSNs because
the interoperation is too difficult. Later I found many prior similar
works, e.g. OpenSocial. Many federation protocols also have similar
functions. People have different views of SNSApi, e.g. an IFTTT for
programmers; a lightweight OpenSocial; component of a meta social
network... Anyway, I think it at least gives people a way to fast script
their social information flows. I'm drafting the white paper of SNSApi.
Hopefully, I can release it at the end of this week.

SNSApi is the type of dirty work. It does not design ideal data
structures or protocols from scratch. Instead, we crop and modify the
interfaces of existing social networking services (or existing 3rd party
wrappers) to provide a unified view to upper layers. The small piece of
middleware solved some of my painful problems in dealing with
heterogeneous social networking services.

Hope the practical experiences can help the standardization efforts
here. I have a lot to learn before that. I'm reading the workshop posted
by Harry. It looks relevant to me. However,  I can not go there. Looking
forward to Internet participation solutions. I'm also scanning the
correspondances in the mail list.

Can anyone suggest more pointers I should look at as a beginner?

Many thanks,

Pili