Re: unofficial Federated Social Web meetup @ OHM2013

On 2 August 2013 20:21, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 8/2/13 12:09 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>
>> 1) read-write web - it allows you to edit your online profile (also the
>> machine-readable aspects of it) via the same http interface you use to view
>> it.
>> 2) allowing multiple URLs in one "contact" in an addressbook (eg by
>> resolving owl:sameAs relations). this way, every contact can fluidly
>> migrate to different SNSs by adding extra URLs and removing old ones, while
>> constantly staying in contact with their friends.
>> 3) ping notifications, both to let someone know you're now following
>> them, and to let someone know you published new content
>> 4) merging the news stream from several social networks into one, so that
>> you don't miss out on part of your news stream if you check e.g. only 3 out
>> of 7 SNSs where friends of you are.
>>

> Can we revisit SWAT0 [1][2]  by using the above as the latest and greatest
> attempt to layout some basic functionality around which interop oriented
> tests could be constructed? Standards compliant components already exists
> for making the above happen.

I think some felt SWAT0 was a bit too complex.  Perhaps if it were broken
into stages it would be easier to prioritize.

Notice also that SWAT0 assumes that people on different networks can make
relationship (friend/follow/subscribe etc.) heterogeneously.  I think this
would be a pre requisite, before being able to complete SWAT0.