Re: Federated Social Web Summit 2012 in San Francisco [via Federated Social Web Community Group]

I've found that a mix of open-registration and invite-only events
stimulates different kinds of progress.

Fully-engaged practitioners need to spend time with other fully-engaged
practitioners. This is true for dentists, poets, and federated social
web developers.

A personal invitation to a meeting with people whose work you respect
brings out the best in people.

If everyone in the room is engaged and knowledgeable, the conversation
can start at step 25 instead of step 0.

I'm enthusiastic about open-registration events. If you're organizing
one for the federated social web, please let me know. I'll try to come.

-Evan