Re: avatar.js

On 22 November 2012 15:34, Brad Fitzpatrick <bradfitz@google.com> wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2012 6:31 AM, "Melvin Carvalho" <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On 22 November 2012 15:18, Brad Fitzpatrick <bradfitz@google.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> My native name in my preferred script or my Romanized name?
> >
> > Lots of existing work in this area in the last decade or more
> >
> > FOAF, VCard, Portable Contacts, OpenSocial, W3C PIM, Schema.org, Open
> Graph Protocol, to name just a few
> >
> > I would hope it were possible to reuse some of the link relations in the
> XRD?
>
> Exactly. Let's not ignore that work and clone it poorly.

We had a few telecons about this back when this group was the social web
incubator group.

It was loosely agreed, that things would try and converge around the
portable contacts and vcard schemas.  But this was 2-3 years ago.  It
partly depends ability to spend time keeping terms up to date.

Jo Smarr and Dan Brickley (both at Google, I believe) are probably the best
experts I know in this area.

I've cc'd them both in case they are interested in this, perhaps also, if
either gets some time free, it may be possible work out which vocabularies
to reuse.