Re: Bin Module does not work well with Streams

Okay so if I understand, you are saying, don't do the check up front,
do the check afterwards and report if less than size was read?

I can see the argument that there is value there for the user,
however, it is very hard to implement for us because of the streaming
nature.

If we consider bin:part#3 it takes a xs:base64Binary and returns a
xs:base64Binary. Internally for us it takes a stream and returns a
stream, also we don't actually do anything with the stream until it is
actually realised, this makes tracking the error very hard, in the
face of nested functions on xs:base64Binary. I will give some thought
to how we can catch the underlying IOException and relate it to the
correct expression; it's tricky because effectively the `stream`
escapes the scope of the enclosing expression.

--
Adam Retter

skype: adam.retter
tweet: adamretter