Re: Tip?

On Sat, 2016-08-27 at 19:07 +0100, Adam Retter wrote:
> I have always been somewhat wary of `eval` although I cannot deny
> there are use cases for it. However, since higher-order-functions in
> XQuery 3.0 I find that many (but not all) of the cases in the past
> where I have seen eval used, could be replaced by function
> composition;

One of the most common remaining areas I've seen is where you want
XPath expressions as first class objects -- e.g. you're implementing
something like XSLT where there are XPath expressions embedded not in
the query but in an input XML document.

Translating the input document to a whole new query is sometimes a good
alternative.

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>