Re: Proposed EXPath module: resource collections

Good idea! I would also welcome the introduction of such a module.

I also believe that the lowest common subset of document properties in
different implementations boils down to only a few properties.. if any
at all (except for the document uri). In my experience, most people
were asking for such an extension to be able to store and retrieve
application-defined document properties. The Qizx API provided a
similar feature for that (see [1], Section 8). A compromise could be
to have a minimum set of mandatory document properties and an extended
set of recommended properties.

Talking about the fetch function, I would personally prefer to have a
static rc:fetch function. As long as we don't have enhanced type
definitions, as recently motivated by John Snelson, functions
resulting from the evaluation of maps cannot be statically parsed
anymore.

[1] http://kiwi.emse.fr/DN/qizx-manual.pdf