Re: EXPath Binary module: bin:unpack-integer()

On 3 October 2013 12:20, Michael Kay wrote:

> The usual convention in F&O is that "data arguments" allow an empty
> sequence

  What I usually do in that case (in my own code) is to write a
function accepting exactly one (required) item, and use the '/' or '!'
operator before if it can be empty:

    let $val as item()? := f()
    return
       $val ! g(.)

  But this is more a cosmetic question I would say (meaning: different
people have different taste, and there is no "more valid" taste), and
consistency is the key here (across all functions in the same module).

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/