Re: Comment on "Allow both xs:base64Binary and xs:hexBinary as arguments"

On 3.7.2013 19:07, Michael Kay wrote:

> (b) the problem of what happens if the user supplies an untypedAtomic
> value (or an untyped node). The lexical spaces of hexBinary and
> base64Binary aren't disjoint (I believe) so this would be ambiguous.
> I think this makes it unacceptable.

I thought that we can formally use untypedAtomic in signature, but raise
dynamic error when passed parameter is not hexBinary or base64Binary
value. So it would not be possible to call binary functions directly on
untyped value or node, such values will have to be converted to typed
binary value first by calling xs:hexBinary() or xs:base64Binary().

    Jirka