Re: Test Suite

On 14 May 2012 22:40, Christian Grün wrote:

>>  Yes, thanks.  But I meant: is it publicly usable, in the licensing
>> and intellectual property point of view?

> Michael Kay (or someone else reading this?) may be the best person to ask.

  Yes, I will ask on the WG list to be sure.

>> [...] I guess I should send it to BaseX mailing list?

> Yes, feel free.

  Thanks, I will.

>> I couldn't find neither the way to point the driver
>> to a specific FOTS catalog file.

> You may start all tests that start with a given prefix (the -h flag
> will give you a list of available options).

  Thank you.  About what I think it is relevant here...  AFAIK, the
central access point of the FOTS format is the catalog, with a
specific name (catalog.xml) in the test suite directory.  This is then
the main entry point if we want to write another test suite based on
the same format.  I couldn't find a way to specify another catalog
with the BaseX test harness.  Maybe the catalog document is embedded,
or it is simulated somehow by the Java code?  Or maybe a missed the
option?

  The point to check is not that every processor can run *THE* FOTS
test suite (the only one written with the FOTS format for now I
think), but rather that they are able to run *ANY* test suite written
in the FOTS format.

  The BaseX driver written in XQuery is in that regard a very good
news because if it is usable, it would then solve the problem for all
XQuery processors and databases.  Those are not the only targets of
EXPath, but they are a large segment of them.

  I suggest that we add whether the FOTS support is ok for each
processor in http://www.w3.org/community/expath/wiki/Modules#Processors,
in order to be sure it is actually usable everywhere.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/