RE: Any interest in participating Canonical EXI interoperability test? canonical time representations

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your valuable input to the discussion on the use of the algorithm for
adding a duration to a time instance as described in XML schema specification.

In today's EXI telecon, people wondered what essential changes (if any) XSD 1.1 [1]
brought about to the algorithm described in XSD 1.0 [2].

Since we do not plan to update EXI 1.0 (core spec) [3] that is based on XSD 1.0 spec,
and given that Canonical EXI is a layer on top of EXI 1.0, the scope of schema constructs
used by Canonical EXI still continues to be bound by XSD 1.0. If we can confirm that
there is no essential change in XSD 1.1 relative to XSD 1.0 with regards to the arithmetic,
we can mention in the Canonical EXI spec that the algorithm in XSD 1.0 is still valid in XSD 1.1.

Can you confirm on this point? If there are any essential changes in the arithmetic, it would
also be very helpful if you can describe some of those changes.

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-xmlschema11-2-20120405/#sec-dt-arith
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028/#adding-durations-to-dateTimes
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/exi/

Thank you,