From: Peintner, Daniel [mailto:daniel.peintner.ext@siemens.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:09 AM
To: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>; Takuki Kamiya <tkamiya@us.fujitsu.com>
Cc: public-exi@w3.org
Subject: AW: integer in EXI4JSON

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback.

So far there was no-one strongly arguing to keep "decimal". Good to hear that there seems some rationale.

Having said that, I was looking at the IETF draft for JSON number [1] and it seems best practice to remain in IEEE 754 range which we do with xsd:double.

Have you seen many use-cases in the wild going beyond these ranges?

Thanks,

-- Daniel

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7159#section-6