AW: Call for opinions on how to represent empty elements in Canonical EXI

All,

First of all I wish you all a good start into the new year!

I recently updated the Editor's Draft of Canonical EXI to reflect the latest proposals w.r.t. to "Empty element content" [1] by stating the two approaches.
Personally I do see pros and cons for both and I think we ought to agree the next days which way to go.

> By the way, are you guys also considering the case of a user application actually
> sending a CH "" followed by an EE?  I would think in this > case the canonical EXI
> encoding should be the same as if the application had sent just an EE and no CH.
> This is because the underlying infoset in the two cases is the same.
>
> More broadly, I am also wondering what happens in the case of an application sending
> a series of CH events instead of a single larger one.  For example, for an element
> <e>Jonathan</e>, the application could send SE CH "" CH "John" CH "athan" CH "" CH "" EE.

This is a very important aspect and the latest draft [2] takes into account the issue which was pointed out.

Please let me know if you have further comments,

Thanks,

-- Daniel

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/EXI/docs/canonical/canonical-exi.html#emptyElementContent
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/EXI/docs/canonical/canonical-exi.html#excludeExtraneousEvents