RE: Support for Canonical EXI interoperability test in TTFMS

Hi Daniel,

The issue was resolved in this version.

Additionally, I wonder how we suggest implementations behave when the
[schema-typed value] is associated with an user-defined datatype
representation and it permits "". I think it makes sense for canonical EXI
to be additionally prepared for it.

The second condition will be common whether we decide to take one approach
or another. Only the first condition will differ.

In one approach, the condition is shown below as you described.

In the other approach, the condition would be described as:

* if processing the EE event of an XML Information item fails by means of any
  available productions (i.e., no EE exists), and

Besides, there are two separate consistencies are at play here.

One is consistency of token sequence across settings whether deviation
is allowed or not. This is what the first approach is trying to observe.

The other is consistency between Infoset item sequence and EXI token
sequence. This is what the second approach adheres to, as long as it is possible.

I think both consistencies are important.

Thank you,

Takuki Kamiya
Fujitsu Laboratories of America