Re: Proposal for including EXI in XMPP

Peter,

Its really great to see some momentum on this! Thanks very much for the
energy you are putting into it. This is something in which I've had a
long-running interest. In fact, I think Peter and I first talked about it
back in 2005 (yikes!). Although I'm not sure Peter was completely sold on
the idea at the time (broccoli ice cream anyone? [1]), he was gracious
enough to help us get the XMPP EXI use case together [2] and even started an
early draft [3]. Thanks Peter! ;-)

Here at work, we have incorporated EXI into various XMPP solutions to
support our Efficient XML users (e.g., to enable XMPP on aircraft). So, I'm
very interested in following your progress. Please keep me in the loop as
you move forward. I'd be very happy to help if I can.

All the best!,

John

AgileDelta, Inc.

john.schneider@agiledelta.com <mailto:john.schneider@agiledelta.com>

http://www.agiledelta.com <http://www.agiledelta.com>

[1]
http://pooh-99hi.blogspot.com/2005/11/peter-saint-andre-broccoliafter.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xbc-use-cases/#xmpp
[3] file:///jcs/Work/Standards/XMPP/xep-0000-Exi.html