Re: Proposal for including EXI in XMPP

I'm very interested in this.  I have a strong connection to:

  * EXI (very active participation for several years from start of the effort until just before final publication (until change
    in corporate affiliation / resources)) and
  * XMPP (wrote Buddylist at AOL, years of participation in the first IETF working group trying to resolve XMPP vs SIP vs BLOCKS
    vs. something AIM-like, and briefly CTO of Jabber Inc.).

Additionally, I'm well-versed on security / crypto / PKI issues, being a CISSP for about 10 years and having worked on some
high-profile security intensive projects.

Related to this, I have a lot of plans and work around exchanging rich information with XMPP being a key framework.  Note
however that after EXI, which solves the efficient XML problem well, I began working on an Efficient RDF since EXI only works
passably on that type of data.  While not at the same maturity to affect this effort, I'd suggest that we allow for innovation
in the area of binary information transport when enabling EXI.

Stephen

--
Stephen D. Williams sdw@lig.net stephendwilliams@gmail.com LinkedIn: http://sdw.st/in