From: Ed Day <edday2006@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: [EXI] EXI options encoding
To: Yuri Delendik <yury_exi@yahoo.com>

Hi Yuri,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Yuri Delendik <yury_exi@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> Thank you for the response.
>
> Right, it is not a quote, it's how it can be understood. Reference to the XML Schema does not tell that "EXI schema-informed encoding MUST be used with EXI header". Default options has: schemaID that communicated out of band, strict options is set to false, bit-packed aligned.
>
> EXI option has to be defined for EXI header encoding/decoding as:
> alignment=bit-packed
> compression=false
> strict=false
> fragment=false
> preserve=all false
> selfContained=false
> schemaID="http://www.w3.org/2007/07/exi"

You would not put the schemaID for the header in the header.  It is
reserved for the schema ID used to encode the document.  The header
schema ID is implied.

If schemaless encoding is done, there should be no schema ID present.

> datatypeRepresentationMap  none
> blockSize=1,000,000
> valueMaxLength=unbounded
> valuePartitionCapacity=unbounded
>
> Is this correct? It makes sence to change strict to true to product produce smaller headers for option.

I think the others are correct.  It may make sense to have strict as
default, but that's not what the spec says.

Regards,

Ed