From: public-exi-request@w3.org [mailto:public-exi-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of santhanakrishnan
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:47 PM
To: public-exi@w3.org
Subject: [EXI] Restricted Character Sets for Built-in EXI Datatype Representations

Hi EXI WG
        In Table 7-2 "Restricted Character Sets for Built-in EXI Datatype Representations" patterns are defined for EXI Built-in
data types while encoding the values as strings. Consider the following schema

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified">
<xs:simpleType name="pattern_t">
 <xs:restriction base="xs:integer">
  <xs:pattern value="[3-4]*"/>
 </xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>
<xs:element name="RollNo" type="pattern_t"/>
</xs:schema>

In the above schema I happen to encode the type as string. For this I need to consider the pattern defined as per the table 7-2. But
what is I additionally have another pattern restriction as given above. Should I use the intersection of both the patterns to derive
the charset for the type ?

regards
Santhanakrishnan