RE: [EXI] Local Table miss and Global table hit

Hi John,

    Thank you very much for your response. I guess I was not clear enough in
my question. Consider the below case.

<product>"Hello"<product/>

<material>"Hello"<material/>

<material>"Hello"<material/>

<material>"Hello"<material/>

<material>"Hello"<material/>

In this case while processing the <product> element we add "Hello" value to
Local Table of <product> and the global table. While processing <material>
element we hit the "Hello" value from the global table. This case of a value
hit from the global table and not present in the local table of the element
is not dealt anywhere in the standard.

In this case if we add the value "Hello" to the Local Table of <material>
element then it would help indeed in processing efficiency. Supposing there
are more occurrences of <material> element subsequently then each time we
need not miss in the local table of <material> and hit in the global table.
Also it will help in encoding the compact id in lesser number of bits.

Or inline with your response am I missing any other point where processing
efficiency is affected with this kind of approach?

Regards

Santhanakrishnan

  _____