RE: Magic and EXI Header...

Hello Carl,

You wrote:
>           Working with different file formats, I am the creator
> of tools that permit identification of different resources (files). I
> have noticed that EXI Structure only contains a 2-bit signature to
> differenciate it from standard XML Documents. As stated in the
> draft standard, this may be changed in the future. For me, for
> easy identification and to avoid conflicts with other formats, this
> would require at least a 32-bit signature/magic value. Has the issue
> been decided on?
>
> Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for sharing your concerns. The group has not yet reached a
conclusion, so unfortunately I can't really over you any clarifications
yet.

If you have specific concerns, arguments, or use cases and would want to
share them with us here, I'd gladly present them to the WG during
discussions.

Sincerely,
Daniel Vogelheim