Re: Decoding?

Daniel,
Thank you for the reply.

I was referring to the working draft.  I agree that deriving the basic
algorithm for decoding an EXI document is straightforward given the
encoding algorithm.  The only step, as you say, that I did not find
straightforward was decompression, so defining that in more detail may
be helpful.

I suppose I phrased my question badly.  As you said, any detail you
mention about decoding may  create inconsistencies between the encoding
and decoding algorithms.  I was curious if there were going to be any
such inconsistencies, or if what I could derive from the encoding
algorithms was correct.

You have answered my question.  My confusion came from there being no
mention of decoding at all in the current draft.  I think adding a
sentence saying that deriving the decoding algorithm from the encoding
algorithm is straightforward would clear this up.

Thanks,
Christina Leber