"Re: BX Proposal"

Robin,

I have only tried some of the compression algorithms, to see  whether I understood the principles and whether the ideas in my spec might have any value. (The results for both questions were inconclusive, but there is more work to be done.)

I have not implemented any of the main parts of the proposal. Its something I would like to work on, but its not  very practical without some financial support. If there is anyone who might be interested in funding or otherwise providing support for all or part of the work they should contact me off-list.

As I haven't started, I'm open to suggestions as to the best approach. My first inclination would be to integrate the implementation into Xerces (Java), implementing a general purpose base and then one transformation at a time (output, then input) in approximately the order shown in the spec.

Paul