AW: Profile-specific URI/string tables -- Modulo compaction

Hi Rick, Taki, all,

> PRELOADED STRING TABLES: The enumerated type could indeed help,
>  interesting suggestion, but it only helps in situations where the XML
> syntaxis is not already fixated (by standards, say)

In fact you are able to use this approach "almost" as a shared string table across an entire EXI document. Essentially you define your string table with likely/expected values.

        <xs:simpleType name="stringTable">
            <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
                <xs:enumeration value="foo"/>
                <xs:enumeration value="bla"/>
                <xs:enumeration value="zoo"/>
            </xs:restriction>
        </xs:simpleType>

Further, instead of using xs:string for your strings in XML schema you may consider typing elements and attributes with "stringTable".
e.g.,
<xs:element name="anElement" type="stringTable" />
<xs:attribute name="anAttribute" type="stringTable" />
<xs:attribute name="anotherAttribute" type="stringTable" />

Hope this helps,

-- Daniel