Re: Making websites, standards, etc

Le 06-02-01 à 16:50, steve @ spiderninja a écrit :
> Forget the standards, just focus on giving your user what
> they want...that's always my opinion ;-)

That's an interesting comment, well a bit short and I'm sure you
realize how to do it. You just forget something in the equation.

"your user" this is just a wrong assertion on many levels.

1. Users are not ours. And that's very important.
2. Users, and not user. There are plenty of them.

   Now put a list of all requirements of all users together.
   All what they want.
   Make them discuss together.
   Try to establish a raw consensus between all users.
   Discuss with browsers makers, user agents of any kind.
   Try to implement to check if the requirements list is silly or
not, with plenty of test cases, with checking interoperability, etc.
   Publish your decision in a document, so that other users can
complain that they didn't speak up at the right time, that they
didn't participate in the right forum, etc. and that other users can
use it and complain (with reasons) that it's not well explained, that
they need tutorials.

oh wait… I just described what a standard organizations, groups are
doing.

PS: If it was a question, so you have an answer.
     If it was a troll, too bad, because it doesn't work.

but here another question. You didn't express that much what you wanted.
http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?keywords=ninja%
40spiderninja.com

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***