Re: Got keep learning or being professional with Web standards

Karl Dubost wrote:
> Yes I definitely agree with you. Any technical profession, I would
> almost be in favor of removing technical ;), needs for a professional
> to stay aware of the evolution, the pros and cons, and to ensure a
> certain stability.
>
> The thing which is the most difficult in this type of discussion is
> how to not sound an old patronizing Cow when most of the people
> involved in the Web business are still young and they don't think the
> same way.
> I have met often when I was working in Web agencies, many people who
> thought that because they knew HTML 3.2 and table layout, they were done.
>
> How to invite people to continue to learn?
> Make it fun? Not easy all the time ;)
>

> --Karl Dubost - http://www.w3.org/People/karl/
> W3C Conformance Manager
> *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***
I disagree on one point, I don't think the people having problems
changing are the young ones, those of us in the web industry that are
young, have seen, either first hand, or through a history of sorts how
things have changed and accept that we must stay on top of our knowledge.

Generally, I find it is the older, more established designers that /did
/learn html 3 or before that have a hard time, learning new methods.

Any Thoughts?

Rob Lowe