Re: Valid XML

Nice.

I'm losing the will to live, just thinking about content types.
This was seriously at risk of becoming a badly formatted rant*.

As it is, the thread has already become a clinical examination of
contributors statements, rather than something more productive.

It's well established that the popular UA's handle XHTML badly, in some
way or other.

Until 90% of browsers out there can properly handle XHTML 1.1, (or
higher), we have to recognise that we are in an extended period of
transition, the termination of which is largely dependant on Microsoft.

We have to be pragmatic and accept that the 1.0 Transitional and Strict
specs are about educating people, and getting them into good habits for
the future. Which, I rather thought, was the point of this mailing list.

Pid

*See my earlier proposal for RML.

--

pid@neutralgrey.net

ng m: (+44|0)7976 411939
ng w: www.neutralgrey.net

This message is copyright (c)2005 neutral grey ltd
reg. in england: co.no.04927018

This message is intended only for the use of the individuals to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission in error; any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and all of its attachments.