Re: Valid XML

Jim, Wasp, Bloglines.

* About Bloglines:

Le 05-05-20 à 14:16, Jim Ley a écrit :
> No, the start of the thread, which Bjoern joined was about XML
> conformance, and how Bloglines didn't follow XML conformance
> ruels.  If you recall it was about a problem with an RSS XML
> document with broken encoding from http://www.webstandards.org/buzz/
> buzz.xml [1] which was parsed normally by Bloglines (albeit with
> wrongly interpreted characters) I was asking for help in how to ask
> Bloglines to obey the XML guidelines.

Two problems, Three parties (WASP, Bloglines and Users):

1. RSS XML of WASP with broken encoding
     So how do we convince the WASP. I know there are people of WASP
on this list :) and I put the address in Cc:
     http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%
2Fwww.webstandards.org%2Fbuzz%2Fbuzz.xml+
     The validator doesn't seem to address an encoding problem for
now, if any.

2. Bloglines displaying a badly encoded feed.
     Did you contact bloglines?
     What has been their answer?
     As a user, Jim, what kind of behaviour would you like to see? A
warning? not displayed at all?

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***