Re: web standards project article

Bjoern,

I deeply appreciate your contributions to the mailing-lists, and indeed
I think you made very good and precise points technically speaking. You
have a very deep knowledge of the W3C Process and very thorough
knowledge of W3C technologies.

Said that, I have to comment about this:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-evangelist/2004Oct/0020

Le 28 oct. 2004, à 14:57, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
> Molly is wrong in that products do not ship if they do not comply with
> ISO standards and in that e.g. not using tables purely for layout is
> not
> relevant in terms of conformance. Molly also confuses what W3C
> considers
> a "Note" and what is considered a "Recommendation" even though it is
> quite important to keep these distinct. So this article is in essence
> too low-quality for a discussion.

Your comment is innapropriate on a public mailing-list which tries to
encourage participation and exploration of ideas. People are far from
perfect. There are no dumb questions. I think the topic it's worth
exploring and debating, which do not preclude you from thinking and
saying it's not interesting. Even if you think that the original
article of Molly is not good enough, the debate that could spring might
be very interesting.

I'm sure your point of view, (which is one point of view among others)
would have been better explained if not contained in a tone which could
be taken as harsh by some people. So I really think that it would be
better to not have this form on the mailing-list.

Please separate the structure from the presentation ;) And make the CSS
of your ideas less flashy ;)

I hope we will continue the discussion because I think there are things
to clear up and to explore, that's a very good opportunity for it.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***