RE: Best Practices in HTML Re: The use of W3C standards in Denmark Part II

Hi Karl
   Checkers, validators will be developed by both commercial vendors and by
the open source community, such as the W3C tools.
   It strikes me that something that is needed is a test suite for such
checkers.  For example I ran link checkers for several years before finding
out (using the W3C link checker) that the tool was not checking for broken
links in the <LINK> element.
   So a link checker should check for link in A, IMG, FRAME, IFRAME, etc.
HTML elements, links generated in JavaScript, links in personalised/dynamic
pages (e.g. user-agent negotiation, language negotiation, etc.)
   I think it would be useful if W3C could produce a test suite containing a
range of errors, which users & developers of checking software would test
their programs against.

Brian

---------------------------------------
Brian Kelly