Re: Best Practices in HTML Re: The use of W3C standards in Denmark Part II

Le 08 mars 2004, à 13:10, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :

> * Karl Dubost wrote:
>> or with regards to the semantics defined in each HTML specifications
>> (taking into account, there's no conformance section defining that an
>> HTML document MUST respect the Semantics of HTML.)
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/conform#didx-HTML_document

;) Yes Except that for example

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#edef-ADDRESS

	"""The ADDRESS element may be used by authors to
	supply contact information for a document or a major
	part of a document such as a form. This element often
	appears at the beginning or end of a document."""

And has you pointed it in
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/conform#didx-HTML_document
	"""An HTML document is an SGML document that
	meets the constraints of this specification."""

And in the same page

	"""The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED",
	"SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT",
	"RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
	document are to be interpreted as described in
	[RFC2119]. However, for readability, these words
	do not appear in all uppercase letters in this
	specification."""

Which makes for ADDRESS element a MAY.
	http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt

	"""5. MAY   This word, or the adjective
	"OPTIONAL", mean that an item is truly
	optional."""

So you might come as best with a warning. :)

I have already an exercise with this game.
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2003Mar/0093

I have not done the MAY.