Re: Safari and proprietary

On Wed,  7 Jul 2004 14:18:06 -0400 (EDT), Ryan Kaldari
<kaldari@monsterlabs.com> wrote:
> So now we're going to have MSHTML in Explorer, Midas in Mozilla, and
> whatever Dave comes up with for Webcore. Too bad the W3C can't come up
> with something usable for HTML editing. It would really be nice to not
> have to write 3 different versions of everything.

The obvious solution would be just contentEditable, that's the only
logical thing to be brought into a standard,  mozilla and safari
taking the defacto standard that exists and implementing it is
appropriate, inventing their own extensions when sensible stable
proprietary ones exist is even worse than the W3C not stanrdardising
it.   That is of course assuming there's nothing seriously wrong with
the proprietary version, and I really don't think this is the case
with contentEditable.

Jim.