Re: XHTML Validator to RSS

Matt,

On Jul 6, 2004, at 5:58, Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> WordPress does some rudimentary XML validity checking and correcting,
> but it's far from perfect. As a developer it would be great to have a
> fast, high-availability web service that we could text to and have it
> check (and optionally corrected), preferably over XML-RPC.

A SOAP 1.2 interface is one mid-term goal for the Markup Validator,
actually...
Currently we have :
	http://validator.w3.org/docs/users#Output
but as the warning message says, we want to move to something more
stable, and any help (in the form of requirements, discussion or code)
from the community would be more than welcome.

Among the existing alternate interfaces, there is at least one I would
like to keep, the HTTP header output, e.g:
[[
ot@wasabi ~% HEAD
"http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F;
output=xml"