Re: New danish survey - Web standards

Brian Kelly wrote:

>Hi Soren
>  Another question about the methodology.
>  Did you validate the page that the end user would view or the entry point
>of the Web site?  I've sometimes found that redirects (which can be
>implemented in several ways)can mean that these aren't identical and this
>can affect the results of validation checks - i.e. you end up analysing a
>HTTP redirect message and not the final page which the user sees.

Hi Brian

Since it's the main entry point like www.db.dk, www.kb.dk etc I have
been testing. I don't think there is any HTTP redirect so often. So I am
almost 99 % sure that the validation survey shows the final page which
the enduser sees.

>PS I also think it would be useful to record the MIME type of the entry
>point - especially for XHTML documents.

You mean here if the XHTML documents has been served as "text/html" or
as (application/xhtml+xml)?

/Soren