Re: The Return of "WaSP Asks the W3C"

Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
> Le ven 05/09/2003 à 06:06, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
<snip/>
> (FWIW, I'm not really sure this technical/theoretical discussion belongs
> to public-evangelist@w3.org, it would probably be more appropriate in
> www-html or www-qa for the conformance topics)

There is some validity to this comment, however evangelists and other
interested parties should benefit from at least a glazed-eye
understanding of what is at issue regarding the things they are
evangelizing. A discussion such as this -- although likely more well
informed than most -- pre-figures the kind bush-whacking talk that takes
place in meetings where evangelists dip their toes (and often withdraw
quickly, scalded.)

My take away from this discussion so far is the HTML 4.xx Strict is the
most viable place in which to invest evangelical effort. XHTML is simply
too fraught with complexity, controversy and immaturity. I'll be
gratified to read the "Why should I server XHTML?" response; the sooner
the better as far as I'm concerned. Let's get to it!

            ...edN