Re: Current Version of HTML?

Le jeudi, 30 oct 2003, à 12:00 America/Montreal, Jim Ley a écrit :
> HTML 4.01 is the last version of HTML, yet http://www.w3.org/TR/html
> (the
> latest version of HTML according to the HTML 4.01 spec) points too
> XHTML
> 1.0.
>
> I'd certainly be very glad to hear that HTML4.01 is the current
> version of HTML, however I believe this isn't the case, can you
> confirm the latest version is indeed HTML 4.01 - so I can ask the HTML
> WG to fix the link?

It depends on what are the meanings of the words.

	HTML 4.01 is where the last version of the semantics has been defined
and so the semantics for HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0  are defined in the
HTML 4.01 specifications.

	http://www.w3.org/TR/html doesn't define a conformant link to a dtd or
whatsoever.

W3C Conformance Manager