Re: Torture Test--Is this asking too much of the browser vendors?

On my Mac IE 5.1 I see nothing but a blank white page, lots of downwards
scrolling and a little sideways scrolling.

Can't really comment on other aspects when I cant see them. Lol

on 22/9/02 7:32 pm, Peter Sheerin at pete@petesguide.com wrote:

> I'm working on a forthcoming issue (on how well browsers deal with
> standards) of an e-mail newsletter I write for the computer-aided design
> industry, and though the article isn't quite done yet, I have created a new
> layout and related pages as reference material to demonstrate their use and
> how well browsers support them.
>
> The newsletter won't hit for about a month, but since I'm doing a few things
> that are pretty radical, I'd like to make sure I'm not doing things that
> just shouldn't work, I'd like to solicit feedback on what I've created, lest
> I have to issue an embarassing correction to our 30,000 readers because
> I've created something inappropriate.
>
> I decided to try nearly every bit of HTML and CSS I'd always wanted to use,
> but couldn't because it didn't work right--especially fixed positioning, so
> it provides quite a workout, even for Mozilla and Opera.
>
> http://www.cadenceweb.com:8080/newsletter/sheerin/webstandards/
>
> So try it in your favorite browser, and let me know what you think of the
> challenge I've set out for the browsers. Have I gone too far? Not far
> enough? Are there significant things I've failed to include?
>
> Because I'm trying to set an example, and use these pages as a sort-of
> browser test, I don't really care how well it degrades in older browsers (in
> fact, it only really works right in Netscape 6.2+, and at least one thing
> won't work until Mozilla 1.2 progresses a little further), but I'm
> interested in any and all comments on the design, how it works, or my
> assumptions.

r.

Ryan McInnes

t. +44 (0) 28 9045 5244   f. +44 (0) 28 9045 5244
w. http://www.aurion.co.uk   e. ryan@aurion.co.uk

aurion  .  the eLearning company