Re: Drdfat details for SWADE Semantic Storage and Retrieval Workshop - Amsterdam, Nov 13/14

Hi Dave,

Looks like it will be a good meeting and is shaping up well.

Couple of comments:

o The 45m session on day two, "advanced implementing", could be clarified.
It doesn't sound like very long to cover the issues of OWL and inference. I
assume, given the length, that this slot is to discuss any such issues that
arise from the day1 discussions rather than opening up those topics from
scratch. Given the scale of the topic it might be worth narrowing it a little,
for example to datatypes and RDFS rather than attempt to squeeze useful OWL
discussions into the time - just a suggestion.

o How much are you looking to discuss retrieval issues (query, access APIs)?
The title and reading list includes retrieval but the agenda doesn't have
anything specifically on that. Like OWL support, this is a big topic and it
might be worth keeping the meeting focused on the narrower storage aspects but
I'm happy either way.

[The issue for us, and perhaps for other groups, is who should attend. If the
people interested in database mapping, in OWL inference and in retrieval
languages are different then it helps us to decide who should go if the meeting
focus is clear.]

o It won't be in the public page anyway but the Jena entry should be just "HP
Labs" since the people doing the database support in Jena2 are based in Palo
Alto rather than Bristol.

Cheers,
Dave