RE: SWAD-E postcard text - slogans

I too liked Stephen's "building the web of meaning" as a starting point. I
also played around on qotd.org (always a good displacement activity). Some
highlights:

The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest
of things without it. - Carl Gustav Jung

The belief that words have a meaning of their own account is a relic of
primitive word magic, and it is still a part of the air we breathe in nearly
every discussion. - Charles K. Ogden [-ijd probably a bit long, but an
interesting point :-)]

Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. - Chuang Tzu
(c.B.C. 369-c.286) [-ijd I suspect that Chang Tzu said it better than that -
anyone have a better translation?]

In the world of human thought generally, and in physical science
particularly, the most important and fruitful concepts are those to which it
is impossible to attach a well-defined meaning. - H. A. Kramers [-ijd oh
bug**r!]

Information is just signs and numbers, while knowledge involves their
meaning. What we want is knowledge, but what we get is information. - Heinz
R. Pagels

After people have repeated a phrase a great number of times, they begin to
realize it has meaning and may even be true. - Herbert George Wells

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty, and
I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life - so I became a scientist.
This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls. - Matt Cartmill
[-ijd Not relevant to SWAD-e, but I liked it anyway :-)]

The reserve of modern assertions is sometimes pushed to extremes, in which
the fear of being contradicted leads the writer to strip himself of almost
all sense and meaning. - Winston Churchill

We are getting into semantics again. If we use words, there is a very grave
danger they will be misinterpreted. - H. R. Haldeman

Nothing interesting showed up for web, and nothing at all for RDF (no
surprise - a gap in the market there :-).

Cheers,
Ian