RE: Other languages

Hi Brain,

that would be great.

They might also be willing to host logs / chumplogs. I think we want to have
them "in perpetuity" whatever that really means. I also have some thoughts
about logging and chumping:

Auto-translation of an IRC channel currently doesn't work usefully. But there
are a few things "chumped" each day on RDFIG - documents, resources, etc that
people on the channel thougt were interesting.

I think it would be useful (picking up on Danny Ayers' idea) to collect those
from channels in different languages and at least post them into a single
multi-lingual channel. There are a lot of multilingual people working on the
semantic Web, so one could hope for a number of those to have the annotations
translated.

At which point it is useful to post a ponter back to language-specific
groups.

(With more powerful chumping we could do more - pick up on something chumped
in english, and add italian annotations. Then use something like RSS to
collect the chumped resources which have an italian annotation. Or which
don't, to see if any should get translated.

I would also like to unify chumping and logging, so a chumpbot can add a
pointer to the context in a logfile.)

cheers

Chaals

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Matthews, BM (Brian)  wrote:

>By "tried this" I meant of course carried out translations
>for key RDF/SW recs.  Case of not carrying the context from
>brain to finger (how swebby :-)

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22