Re: Deliverable 12.1.1

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Dave Reynolds wrote:

> Dan Brickley wrote:
> > If you could copy yours into a 'chosen_demos_rationale_report'
> > subdirectory, that would be good. I can clean up the other directories if
> > you have any difficulty doing so (remind me, how are you editing the
> > site? jigedit? cvs?).
>
> Done.

Thanks

> The report is now at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/reports/chosen_demos_rationale_report/hp-applications-selection.html
> (though it's not a very pretty URL!).

Agreed. You might also want to edit intro.html in the reports directory to
point to it, if you've not done that already. That page is linked from the
project homepage so there's a navigation path to this as a
work-in-progress.

> I use jigedit and I've tried to clean up the old directory using the jigedit web
> interface. Don't know if that is enough.

I'll take a look

> > One tiny thing that jumped out from a quick skim: s/Wiener/Winer/
>
> Fixed. Actually I swear I fixed that within 10m of the first upload - you guys
> must either be fast at downloading or there is a cache somewhere that needs
> flushing!

Could be either. We have mirrors of the site (all hidden behind dns
trickery for www.w3.org) that have updates  triggered from cvs commits;
these have been known to lag a little (usually minutes rather than hours).

> > I do like the idea of focussing on weblog-style apps. Is nicely nearterm,
> > potential for mass uptake, network effects etc...
>
> Exactly. Glad it seems like a reasonable choice to you. As I said to Danny, any
> suggestions/requirements input would be welcome.

Regarding bibliographies, I did (for obscure reasons) start collecting up
the ISBNs of all the books I own. Also scribbled a title/author, but the
main thing I wanted was isbns; hope is to hook into a lookup-via-isbn web
service to get richer metadata to autogenerate bibliographic records, and
provide fodder for collaborative filtering apps. I'm not sure if that kind
if bibliographic app fits with your plans, have only had time for quickest
skim of the document today...

> > > What is our procedure for reviewing/accepting deliverables?
> > > I assume uploading to the web site was OK given our open-source stance but I
> > > don't want to subvert whatever "due process" we have/intend to have.
> >
> > There's something of a watch-this-space where better process should live.
> > Checking works in progress into the site is fine...
>
> Fine.
>
> > > [*] We'd be happy to have the RDF files (currently one file per entry) and
> > > associated schema public but (a) I wasn't sure on where that sort of stuff
> > > should go on the site layout
> >
> > A subdirectory of the reports dir would be fine. For other misc things,
> > just create a dated directory in the .../sw/Europe/YYYYMM/etc/ tree, eg
> > sw/Europe/200211/appsurvey-data/
>
> OK. I'll try to get something done on that this week. Need to decide whether to
> keep the separate files or just munge into one big file.

Or perhaps both if that won't be too time consuming.

cheers,

dan