Re: skos:closeMatch and skos:exactMatch

The definition of a concept often cannot be assumed from its label or
labels or its relationships; it needs a scope note to say how the
concept is defined and how it is to be understood within the context of
the knowledge organisation scheme in which it occurs. If MorningStar and
EveningStar are different concepts, their scope notes should spell out
the criteria by which they can be distinguished. They may be sibling
concepts, with a parent (broader) concept such as "stars" (or "planets"
or "astronomical phenomena" or whatever). There is then a semantic
relationship between them because of this hierarchical structure.

Leonard Will

--
Leonard Will
Thirlmere House, 29 Stanger Street, KESWICK, CA12 5JX