Re: Best API to consume SKOS data

Cher Philippe,

If you haven’t made big investments in a tool to create and maintain your vocabulary, you might consider Vocbench (http://vocbench.uniroma2.it/doc/ <http://vocbench.uniroma2.it/doc/>), which has good support for multi-linguality and which allows you to create URIs etc.

Also, it might be relevant to read the paper "The Fallacy of the Multi-API Culture” (see the pre-print on https://freeyourmetadata.org/publications/rest.pdf <https://freeyourmetadata.org/publications/rest.pdf>) Ruben Verborgh and myself published back in 2014. It explains, based on examples from the cultural heritage sector and Europeana in particular, which pitfalls need to be avoided when considering the creation of an API.

Bien cordialement,

Seth van Hooland
Université libre de Bruxelles
http://homepages.ulb.ac.be/~svhoolan/