Re: Best API to consume SKOS data

Bonjour Philippe

I have a fairly good experience with Skosmos, however I don't have any
experience in using or integrating its API.
It is from my point of view the best tool to make SKOS data available
easily for humans and machines. Browsing interfaces are super nice and you
immediately get something usable, with decent trees, listing, search with
autocomplete, feedback form, content negociation, etc. if you combine this
with a dump export of the SKOS data and/or a SPARQL endpoint, you get a
fairly good dissemination layer of your KOS. Besides, it's in PHP, so
easily hackable. See http://vocabularies.unesco.org and
http://data.legilux.public.lu/vocabulaires/ and
https://www.reseau-canope.fr/scolomfr/data/fr/ for 3 deployments of Skosmos
I conducted.
JSKOS is not at the same level since it is a specification, not a software
(correct me if I am wrong). One combination I see could be to complement
Skosmos with an export in JSKOS format to ease usability of the KOS for
Javascript developpers, if you are targeting this community.
I don't know OpenSKOS, looks like it provides OAI-PMH, which could be nice.

Thomas

--

*Thomas Francart* -* SPARNA*
Web de *données* | Architecture de l'*information* | Accès aux