Re: TGN place types (broader/narrower spanning ConceptSchemes)

Hi,

   I have been working on a more extreme solution.  I have been
considering how to build an index for the massive amount of text in
collections of digitized historical newspapers.  Such collections are
full of narrative and causation and I believe those are not easily
modeled without an explicit representation of state.  Does every event
that is described in a newspaper lead to a new "Period"?  Thus, I have
proposed models based on programming languages.  Specifically, because
we want to associate actions (also processes, norms, activities) with
specific entities (i.e., we want to treat them as systems), I believe we
need object-oriented languages.

Allen, R.B., Frame-based Models of Communities and their
History./Histoinformatics/, Nov 2013, Kyoto. LNCS 8359, 110-119,PDF
<http://boballen.info/RBA/PAPERS/HISTOINFORMATICS2013/Allen_Histo_2013.pdf>
Allen, R.B., Model-Oriented Information Organization: Part 1, The
Entity-Event Fabric,/D-Lib Magazine/, July
2013.DLIB,<http://www.dlib.org/dlib/july13/allen/07allen-pt1.html>DOI<http://doi.org/10.1045/july2013-allen-pt1>
Allen, R.B., Model-Oriented Information Organization: Part 2, Discourse
Relationships,/D-Lib Magazine/, July
2013.DLIB,<http://www.dlib.org/dlib/july13/allen/07allen-pt2.html>DOI
<http://doi.org/10.1045/july2013-allen-pt2>
Allen, R.B., Visualization, Causation, and History,/iConference/,
2011,PDF<http://boballen.info/RBA/PAPERS/ICONF2011/VCH.pdf>,ACM<http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1940835&CFID=9840151&CFTOKEN=80042112>,DOI
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1940761.1940835>
Allen, R. B. and Acheson, J. A., Browsing the Structure of Multimedia
Stories,/ACM Digital Libraries/San Antonio, TX, June, 2000, 11-18.PDF
<http://boballen.info/RBA/PAPERS/NARRATIVES/narrative.pdf>,ACM,<http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/336597.336615>DOI
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/336597.336615>

Bob Allen
http://boballen.info/