RE: FAQ- structured data about historical book collections

Hi Collin,

The Publication Office of the EU has legislative work organized using an FRBR like framework.

That schema captures metadata about a legislation work, its 20+ language specific expressions and the several format specific manifestations of the content.

For each of these works and for specialized work collections the (RDF) metadata is to be made available as data sets.

Some of the vocabulary considered for a plain catalog of the datasets include:

- DCAT:  <http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/> http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/

- VoID:  <http://www.w3.org/TR/void/> http://www.w3.org/TR/void/ (possibly to extend DCAT)

Kind Regards,

Johan De Smedt